[CBQ] The Waycar Drawing Book Update and Special Calendar Offer

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] The Waycar Drawing Book Update and Special Calendar Offer
From: "qmp211" <milepost206@mchsi.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 20:53:04 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1349038386; bh=01oqoGzDIU91FAngMZtX1Udti6rG7Kx2VbQi74+aOB8=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=onfOryauzrpD1f/M+SCTdsiX78+My0I6s3OlrRIV003GTTX+m1vVz5KoPCJcynl095oPMWNOcAvstcxgEgdFDwGH/3mzgYAyaRThzKFcrLp2k+WCLpfE2XcaBsHrBGI8
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The Waycar Drawing Book Update

The Burlington Waycar Drawing Book is being proofed for delivery this week to
the U.S. printer. Expected turn around is 3-4 weeks. I expect them to be on
time with delivery.

The level of interest is high but the pre-orders for this book are
disappointing. There are many reasons including the economy, the election and
the predilection for procrastination in discretionary spending.

Given the number of pre-orders and our need to make the numbers work, the
retail price on delivery will be $79.95 plus $10.00 domestic shipping. All
orders in hand are not subject to the price increase.

>From now until Wednesday October 3, the price will remain at $69.95 plus
>$10.00 shipping. Orders received or postmarked after this date will be priced
>at the new retail price of $79.95. There will be no reruns.

Some may think this is unrealistic. I hope not. We offer the lowest price per
page of any high-quality CB&Q book currently offered.

If you want one of these books, you need to order it. Publishers finally have
the needed business advantage using digital printing technology to produce
literally any number of books for orders in-hand. We cannot afford to warehouse
books betting on the future. However, we can satisfy a much smaller market with
a superior product to those currently offered. The press run of the drawing
book will be done on an orders plus 10 copies basis.

We are running a special that includes our 2013 Calendar for $90 including
domestic shipping, a savings of about $8. As always, international orders are
shipped at actual shipping cost.

The Burlington Waycar posters will ship on or about 10/12.

Thank you.

Regards,
Randy Danniel

info@milepost206@mchsi.com

Details for those that missed the original post.

The Burlington Waycars Drawing Book

130+ Drawings

Includes 45 New Bill Glick Drawings of CB&Q, C&S and FW&D Cabooses all shown in
O Scale and HO Scale

148± Pages

As some of you know we have been hard at work on The Burlington Waycars Drawing
Book. This new companion book includes most of the drawings found in The
Burlington Waycars book and are now featured in a larger, full-page format for
easy viewing.

The book includes 45 new drawings from CB&Q historian and master modeler Bill
Glick. All of these drawings are presented in both HO and O scale for CB&Q, C&S
and FW&D cabooses. Bill has done a great job with these new drawings.

The new page format includes photos, when possible, illustrating the waycar
drawing shown on the same page as the drawing for easy reference. All new
drawings are referenced back to the page numbers found in The Burlington
Waycars.

Also included are several new waycar photos that escaped inclusion in The
Burlington Waycars.

The large 11" x 17" format book currently contains 148+ pages and is spiral
bound for lay-flat use. There may be some adjustment to the final page count if
new material surfaces.

Delivery is scheduled to begin in early November and shipping shortly
thereafter. Printing will be done in the United States.

The tentative retail price is $69.95 (or higher) plus $10.00 domestic shipping.
 Previews will be up soon on www.TheBurlingtonWaycars.com website when the book
goes to press, if not sooner.

If you have any drawings that you believe should be included in this book, you
need to contact me OFF LIST ASAP with details. The book will be shipped to the
printer next week.

Lastly, due to the unique nature and scope of this book, it will be done in an
Extremely Limited press run. Even if you choose not to take advantage of the
Pre-Publication offer you need to email your intentions. There will be 10 extra
copies of the book printed over and above orders. I have no plans for a rerun.
This is a one shot deal. And maybe not even that if the orders don't pop.

Thank you.

Randy Danniel

www.TheBurlingtonWaycars.com
www.MilePost206.com