[CBQ] Re: Have some fun... from 1929

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Have some fun... from 1929
From: "lsallee" <lsallee@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 01:51:36 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1348797100; bh=7DC4AZoeVjNrDPuOLvw8HxbdzDGLLqhHcxTi32cHnOY=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=X6t3spWie3TCNbft62Ok5oB/qoNQ606D66sVVrEDdglKKGKQHVeELYdbBwrDlJZ25tEeBLIOEq7DkqbdOOYymK7orvwvDbDbB2GA1hfOA7uSLzSolBumiG1HTA2Gcsya
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but what appears to be one large yard
complex in the middle of the map at the bottom is actually 2 different
railroads. The CNW and Milwaukee tracks paralleled each other out of downtown,
and crossed each other at what is now Metra (former Milwaukee) Tower A2. The
portion that tilts northwest-southeast is the former Milwaukee Western Avenue
yard, and the east-west portion is the former CNW (coach)yard.

The very large yard complex further west of there at bottom left was a CNW
freight yard. I think.

Larry Sallee

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com