Re: [CBQ] Nebraska Zephyr Excursion from CUS to Quincy IL

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Nebraska Zephyr Excursion from CUS to Quincy IL
From: Robert McNay <CptMatt@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 06:15:24 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1345814127; bh=Se+KCGIxllkparKJEr3f6JGIS2JLDxDZ3rzMg9amWDU=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=Rmpjmt7YN65EfI2hFzO/zt+Cptq7GEd9laG6Wbajuwr/XrFQ5bmQUXTEnJLwOsd4YFTJ2MOX0pe/v9YqkHRGzQULZdHPTj3AftrM+0XXHSFB1VVFGR2FS2vFkzWQRj1q
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Its just really disappointing to me because I was born and raised in Chicago, but my parents were from Quincy IL. As a kid in the '60s, when my Dad hadn't gotten enough seniority to get vacations when wanted all the time, my Mom and I would ride those beautiful CB&Q Zephyrs to Quincy and my Dad would follow a couple days later in the car with the rest of the luggage.
Boarding and riding that stainless steel dream is still one of the most vivid memories I have from then. Riding Amtrak is wonderful, but its just not a replacement for the "real" thing. :-)

Rob McNay
Chicago IL