[CBQ] C&S Operations in Trinidad, CO during the early 1940s

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] C&S Operations in Trinidad, CO during the early 1940s
From: "hvyweight41" <hvyweight41@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 04:19:41 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1340511586; bh=u3dlc2q3vfFyIQoevUHTdwb3jj4mhbGkkE0PDeAesQE=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=Tx9db7IAoPjxXYwONAyeCamyR/ttMSsutdb4DyUwjx0wyA0wKxdznMv06tQn1h4hyU8HdBXjvL0n66lAnMCVWzrKoxtA92jZfK4zzrZrkDe/MdwtFE/0VUP6jJjLb8yY
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hello all!

Here's what I think I know:
1. The C&S was the Burlington line that ran between the Texas line and Denver
Colorado. The FW&D ran from the Texas line to Dallas. Although, this did not
preclude either from running equipment out of their territories. I have photos
of FW&D locos at the Trinidad station.
2. Everything came through Trinidad, CO and there was a crossing between the
C&S and the ATSF.
3. By this time, the C&S and the D&RGW shared the main track north as far as
Wallenburg. They had separate yards and depots but everything else was shared.
C&S had extensive yard, stockyard and servicing facilities. I assume this was a
division point based on the large round house there.

Here's what I'm trying to find out more about:
1. Does anyone have pictures or plans for the C&S/ATSF crossing tower? I intend
to model it and would like to be accurate.
2. What were the interchange rules with the D&RGW and ATSF? Were these lines
ever allowed to switch industries in Trinidad on the C&S tracks or was it all
handled as interchange traffic?
3. Did the ATSF ever use the C&S stockyards to service their stock car loads?
Was there some kind of agreement?
4. What were the primary rolling stock you would see in and passing through
Trinidad? This was coal country and I've discovered that the ATSF and D&RGW did
a lot of coal hauling, primarily in gondolas. What were C&S practise?
5. What's the best resource for identifying what equipment was assigned to the
division and would be expected in Trinidad?
6. Does anyone have plans or pictures of other C&S structures I might like to
model?

Any and all information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Keith

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com