RE: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q Switchers

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q Switchers
From: "John Hagen" <sprinthag@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 18:14:52 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1339715698; bh=WKfZTbRIkud0ZESe5jobbSV5TijJdP8dHaUanhYus3o=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-Received:To:References:In-Reply-To:Message-ID:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:Content-Language:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=O/DF8ompv7xPGFwWaeo8T25XpkkUU1pSRX05GVnqL0QH2OGjmmVT0MqqTNAH3IpbSOfLhYLA1FYPlw4gXlmHhIBz/YSeb2x0EsqdvKflRCj++rXKU+9JMvGt+NxiobJG
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Just my opinion but in back in the day SW2 – SW12 the switchers could pretty well handle the ,loads of the time. Cow//calf’s were mainly used for hump or very large yard service. There really wasn’t much need for MU on single units. But as car lengths and weights increased they became unpowered and a lot of the work was taken over by older Geeps. Some switchers that “stayed the course” had it added and many did when they were sold for short line service. I’m aware of any railroad that ordered MU on new single unit switchers.

John Hagen