[CBQ] Re: The Burlington Waycars Starts Shipping Tuesday

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re: The Burlington Waycars Starts Shipping Tuesday
From: "Douglas Harding" <doug.harding@iowacentralrr.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 19:44:12 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1339634676; bh=EX5LKijCDeTxiwWz5A67/bs3ccywDM483U7HqSeL/YI=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:Content-Language:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=QWrJKONc3eF7aMQg2waPt7yI2+djp5U+jnhEXXoJyMPHU5Bd2fK2zfIakPNabvKx81fLKOE8I4L0X3+pCQDfOJiXbrma7Su+pO45Ee/0EM6ZrX8m7Utw3JBhe60x5OOG
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Mine arrived this afternoon, Wed June 13th. Packaging is excellent, no damage. Would take a steam roller to damage this. On a quick look though, I am duly impressed. I did notice a few typos, including one on the  Table of Contents page, but nothing that distracted from the book. It is amazing how little text there is in such a large book. Which means there are photos, lots and lots of photos. Wonderfully large detailed photos printed on glossy paper, some covering two pages, so no detail is lost. And the photos, amazing images.

I saw one photo error, it appear the photos on p288 & p318 are the same image. The captions indicate both taken by Lou Schmitz on the same day, same location, same steam engine, but different caboose numbers are in the caption. The caboose in the photo on p288 does not match the info in the caption.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org