Re: [CBQ] Re: FM11 flatcars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: FM11 flatcars
From: "sartherdj@aol.com" <sartherdj@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 20:52:01 -0400 (EDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1338339129; bh=1iJLK+6Po3g8JT+lXXxeukY5BV1fRlFAkv28aPkf4uw=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-MB-Message-Source:X-MB-Message-Type:X-Mailer:X-Received:Message-Id:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE:X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=DdOrs1tQT+9CX7zIIKx1h5lNexWgugWCH6mZNB3orUGy5k4OQhjMj67Gh/qe9++9JomdXS/UoSErc3X6jG9PLsglPYRVlmYmvQPvzllRGbdLCPBO8pKA7PqR/xpc7WCD
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Rich,
Another option might be to contact Chad Boas about doing this flat, since Sunshine discontinued it awhile back. He has released about a dozen flat cars and I am sure there is enough interest in him producing it down the road. I know I would like one.  Last I talked to Chad he was up to his ears casting flat cars and combination door car sides and mini-kits.  I think he may want his life back to do some modeling for himself very soon.  Before Chad started the CB&Q FM-14 flat car project for me he wanted to be certain that he wasn't stepping on anyone's toes.  Essentially Martin's pattern maker told us to go ahead with the project as Martin had his hands full just filling back orders and was not doing any further product development.   Perhaps some ot the outside fishbell reinforced side sill cars like the CB&Q FM-11's  might be made by using one of Chad's other flat car castings that have outside fishbelly side sills and cutting the casting to length.  I have my hands full just completing the projects that I have started and need some modeling time for myself.  So I have no interest in any further projects.  Material about CB&Q flat cars is scarce and good photos to work from don't seem to exist so I will just move on and wait for someone else to develop a kit or mini-kit for the CB&Q FM-11's

If not I will see if they have the Mini-kit available at the next Naperville RPM in October.   Rich, don't hold your breath waiting for Martin to do the mini-kit again.  Just like all of us Martin is not getting any younger, has had some health issues to deal with and is overwhelmed by the amount of work he attempts to do on his own.  His wait time for kits is over 6 months and he doesn't seem willing to hire anybody to help him.  Be more proactive.  If Martin does decide to make the kits again and you see them make sure to buy two, one for me.

Later, Dave

Rich Christie