[CBQ] TRRA issue: Zephyr-Rockets

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] TRRA issue: Zephyr-Rockets
From: "Gerald Edgar" <gvlc6@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 20:26:56 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1337372819; bh=M4zD4iPBP+nsFzBljO8yxBYAHbSVAUbIC5DEqduvTzY=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=W4yQycJwWe373MGNw3sLTE0aaqckJljC/MGOzhqxyqMxs/6r89A+rIcQn3EHWCtmePixiOqzTFJpjVc1QaKGkyY5qZpbi8V7dbGGbpA3QT7qb4URIEfRSO7GRLAyw1W6
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
This Nov the Terminal RR Assoc His. Soc. (focused on the TRRA of St Louis; Q
was a part-owner) will publish a 162 page issue on Zephyr-Rockets which ran
between St. Louis & the Twin Cities with the Q handling the St. Louis to
Burlington leg.  Their publications are similar to our Burlington Bulletion.
The issue will be priced at $35-40.  Among the contributors is our own Phil
Weibler. Special attention was devoted to the K-Line which includes some maps
of the Old Monroe, Machens, and Louisiana interlockings. The 'see-saw' at
Burlington is also covered.  One of their members is a retired surveyor who
created most of the maps and also drew all new plans of the passenger cars
assigned to the train.  The TRRA Soc. normally does press runs of 1000 with a
200 overage for later sales.  I suspect this will sell out as Rock & Q fans
will snap them up.  I told the Editor I'd give him a ball park idea of how much
interest there is among Q fans.  Please contact me off list; tks!  Gerald Edgar
   gvlc6@hotmail.com

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com