[CBQ] Signal Bridges at Buda

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Signal Bridges at Buda
From: "zephyr98072" <glenehaug@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 23:08:37 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1336777720; bh=HsJoQuVdw8qDj30Zub4Z9ELsyY/jr7v0tlU1pSrY570=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=g573i2PftMgpd4K/hJOBlqPaTy5qxj/i8HfCSIxLydVz3Km8geDexs23p5ZJxlmUUHyIDcPGDAWlHRveUMrcIcZi7Db6Qgn6vuViy/3RIFFPFpLKPYujZOb2bS9vqqWk
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I previously posted 3 signal bridge drawings that will help with modeling the 3
track signal bridges at Buda, prior to 1966 when CTC was installed at Buda.
One is a standard 3 track signal bridge of which I have several sketches of,
but this one shows the correct orientation of the ladder and top and bottom
lateral angles of the two 3 track bridges at Buda.  One subtle difference
between the 3 track bridges at Buda and the earliest 3 track bridges of the
same design that were used in the suburban territory, is the lack of
crossframes.  The bridges at Buda were put in later (after the mid-20's, and
the later bridges did not have the crossframes.  My guess is that the Q
eliminated the crossframes because they determined that they were not needed,
and they probably impeded the maintainer's ability to walk thru the truss.

The other two drawings are of one of each bridge, showing the signal targets
that were present prior to CTC.  For further details, I would recommend that
you get a copy of "Chicago Burlington & Quincy In Color Volume 4" by Michael
Spoor, and review pages 52 thru 55.  There are photos of the 3 track bridges as
well as the 2 track bridges that replaced them.  Compare the signal targets
before and after CTC.  For paint color on the 3 track bridges, I would
recommend mineral red, as I don't think they were ever painted silver.

Glen Haug

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com