[CBQ] Re: Tracks at Quincy

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Tracks at Quincy
From: bsrls@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 19:56:56 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1334433419; bh=oDRMyb8HVOqTGlca3k/4EOnb57zILCOrqt7ygLhLtrI=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=mCBzPrj15d0Zfu120JghaODga/uq7BFfJOf3ZLTx/xgj7o4ksVqMfn17xoarn4nP2zO1sLUNAVz+UA6f98oZ9RNX3WAXz3VgUzkE3BWaXJvf2zn106twg1pj8wrTfkix
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Glen,

I look forward to seeing your 1956 track chart.  All of the track charts
I either have or have seen, have been from the mid 1960's.  It will be
good to see a pre new bridge track chart.  If you have any other pre
bridge tracks charts or maps of the Quincy-West Quincy area that can be
posted, they will be much appreciated.

I am still studying your previous post.  I think that your 1956 track
chart will help me understand some of your comments a little better.  I
share your interest it things relating to the signals especially when
they involve an interlocking plant.  Here are two citations for magazine
articles dealing with a new CTC installation in 1928 in West Quincy.  It
included the area from Mark to past the east end of the Mississippi
Bridge.  They are:  "Railway Age", March 24, 1928, Vol. 84-12, pgs
677-8; "Railway Signaling", June 1928, Vol. 21-6, pgs 206-8.  You may
already have these but if not

Thanks for you help.

Bet,
Bill Saenger

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, GLEN HAUG <glenehaug@...> wrote:

> Bill: I found a track chart from 1956 that shows from MP 260 to West
Quincy, via the 1947 connection track and the original route across the
river.  I will try to scan it tomorrow and post it to the same folder in
the files section.  It may take me a while to figure out how to do that.
This will help you with the grade, which is shown at 1.09% from a point
near MP 260.8 to the Upper Bay Bridge at MP 261.81.  Quite a drop in
elevation (about 60 feet). Glen Haug
>  To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
> From: bsrls@...
> Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 03:15:08 +0000
> Subject: [CBQ] Re: Tracks at Quincy

>       Dave,
>

> Thanks for posting the five maps from the Track Chart Book.  They show
quite a bit of additional information that my track charts from the west
side of the river don't show.  I can now get a better idea of the grade
that would have been involved on a connection track.  They also show
more milepost data that I didn't have before.  Thanks again.

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com