[CBQ] Forker, Missouri

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Forker, Missouri
From: "smokyjoe66" <js08ws62@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 12:40:05 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1333370409; bh=vVu6bccWnVC1oE2z+Uk/QOv9e9sYziFiIS1+lXBQAIo=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=uzm4AS042FqnBffWABrr6HntfiwhFFwdv4bQssHirfQAAkwvkclr7m9k4pzS1pbzVMj/e+I1ispCwstyUMzpSNVFbjZ2dEm0pBzZ1RLwUCsW0TtfmE1tEQqcyHyxy98t
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
There has been some recent mention of Forker, Missouri. The inquiry was
referring to it as a "station" on the timetable. I know that a timetable.
"Station" is not the same thing as a "depot". But, I thought the group might be
interested in seeing a photo of the old depot at Forker. I thought I had seen
one a long time ago so made inquiry of a local lady historian and she came
through with what I have posted to the files section this morning.

I do not know the date of the photo, and it looks to have been scanned from a
publication, rather than a photo print itself. Nevertheless, it is of some
interest, and may spark some discussion among the group. The local historian's
name is Sharon Connor (sconnor1933@sbcglobal.net)  wife of Bruce Connor . He is
a still-living former CB & Q engineer, so you know they are quality people. She
may be willing to answer more specific questions about the photo. She is very
enthusiastic about historical matters, especially involving North Missouri
small towns and railroads.

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com