[CBQ] re: CB&Q 4960

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] re: CB&Q 4960
From: ANDREW KOETZ <andrewkoetz@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 17:37:56 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1331937479; bh=kRs1YxfdDINTwOeIlZnbiCNH3RjferDOd3X0WeKHX7M=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=r77DZ9gx0vTaTKfvecf54b0gEoEW2HN/mKIcjnFySPHDFnVuvjyS6lswi0MtKk2Ua3WFnwGwd0+nzARsO7zRlEHPu9kOSVV/UCnxr3Dsw6j6HpjxCsi1dXc+F0avxnAN
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Since the Grand Canyon RR "stuffed & mounted" all of their steam locomotives, I wonder what it would take to get them to "offer/sell" the 4960, and have a shop "reverse" the GCR modifications to it? reconfiguring the 4960 back to CB&Q specs, as far as appliance locations.

Re: Q Fan Trips

Posted by: "William Barber" clipperw@gmail.com   clipperwr

Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:02 am (PDT)

Jack,

I show a trip on my list on 05/21/61. I don't know where it started from or where it was going, but here is a photo of the trip at Orion, IL with a heavyweight train consist. Orion is just a little south of the Quad Cities, so it may be the train that you saw.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=2339824

However, I am certain that this is not the NRHS trip that I am thinking of as I was still in high school in May, 1961. I graduated in June and went to Bradley University in Peoria in September, 1961. I chased the trip with a fellow that I met in Peoria, in May, 1962 when #4960 visited there with a Choo Choo special. I think the trip that I recall with the NRHS may have been in May, 1963.

I added your information to this trip as a possible identification. Thanks.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO

--
I will keep my freedom, my guns, and my religion, you can keep the "change".