Re: [CBQ] Grain in Boxes

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Grain in Boxes
From: Bob Webber <cz17@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 11:03:00 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1330966982; bh=HXEEZlc6ifrqFB0sxxPEHCI750ntHMjqAedDV/uXW9M=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-Id:X-Mailer:To:In-Reply-To:References:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=XXaNed6nB10SfBGlxxJ2rymQA5jlrX/CDp7O/yFq52L+vnjPDD0I7cpXvvyvuYRxq5un+lp88AG+9TopgYeBOoGPsgM6kndJCYESqIpMjsXaXvI44R6rCvjBcHnoXGjQ
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Halfway down UP's Rochelle yard and just a bit North, there is a plant that takes containers, and puts them on end, fills them with soy beans (at the time) and flips them right back to China.  My understanding is that they could use anything - including corn, but the ethanol plant on the SE side of Rochelle was taking all it could get.  This was back in 2008 - so it's been going on for a while.  It used to be that containers might take one trip and then be sold off - now they use them for various back hauls, and the cost of a  used container (in good shape) has increased almost 10 times.