[CBQ] Re: Mystery Person

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Mystery Person
From: William Barber <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 09:37:33 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1330961863; bh=TqG/mnJUuOyxLBycsj5bVUgOI1pymygiH/PGI4bNSAo=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received-SPF:Authentication-Results:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-Id:To:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=NPI4+smfvL6GQXxe+7frHH889DpmA1U7+MKr+Ykbs8fdJZdqdYvCCrqBBZWx/QC5sckD0heOPINivNlgNILohIeDar+OTMjKn9sAVbHvTSQD9UJirqOkyLOYR5GayQzy
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I recently scanned the attached photo of a group of rail fans on the front of Q GP30 #964. The photo was taken at Galesburg on May 17, 1964 during a Q double header fan trip with #4960 and #5632. We have identified all, but two of the people. From left to right: myself, Bill Barber on the locomotive step, above me is the late Jim Boyd later with Railfan & Railroad Magazine, Just below him in the dark glasses is John Huber of Peoria, IL, above him and next to Jim Boyd is the late Glen Monhart who later owned several diesel locomotives including two BL-2s and an E-3, the fellow next to John Huber in the green shirt is unidentified, next in the black shirt and glasses is Bob Walker who is well known to readers of Railroad Model Craftsman Magazine, next in the cowboy hat we believe is Dave Rohr, and finally at the right is Louis Zadnichek, now of Fairhope, AL.

Can anyone identify the fellow in the green shirt amd / or confirm that the fellow in the cowboy hat is Dave Rohr? While the photo was taken with my camera, we don't recall who shot the photo. Two of this group have a similar black and white version of this photo with "Railroad Photos - Glen Monhart" stamped on the back. Again, since Glen is in the photo, we don't know who shot that picture. As additional information, most if not all of thsi group were members of the long gone Brotherhood of Railfan Trainmen of BRT that existed existed during the early 1960s and met in Downers Grove.

Any help would be appreciated

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO