[CBQ] Re: Video from CB&Q fan trips...

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Video from CB&Q fan trips...
From: William Barber <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 08:54:34 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1329144883; bh=g8PytwcqhSTJPv68k2QncL8ftfZoPCDB53sdBphcZAg=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:To:References:Message-Id:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=iP1bzZHD/hmpJVESLlxZNWBNL/O/bBtS3LQwDHFxRAsYWPdCfWWEFhOMtXZeEdfV1EtWFuU4BKBeudu72Uwxa+TinMrAlIPE5cT7MvBFJFtSh5GE63OGSyCmT5t9e/vm
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Jan,

Thanks for posting the video. It really brought back some memories. I am probably included in some of those views, albeit, much, much  younger! I look forward to the other videos that you mentioned.

It is really amazing how far video photography (and maybe all photography) has come in the last 50 years. Sure wish modern cameras had been available back then during the last of steam era. I assume that these are 8 mm originals. One has to keep in mind how little film and shooting time one had with the movie cameras of that era. The cameras were driven by wind up spring systems and a roll of film was only 50 feet long. Processing was also expensive as was the film. Like all film in those days, you didn't know what you actually got until the film was processed a few days later. Some of us sent our film out to be processed which took even longer than the local drug store.

I used to carry of audio tape recorder with me. I still have the tapes, but have no way of playing them. I haven't heard them in years. There may be no sound left now. I would like to check a few of them out if I could find equipment to do it. If the sound tracks are still there, it would be interesting to convert them to digital.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO