Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Silver Pelican and Silver Swan

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Silver Pelican and Silver Swan
From: Michael Abernethy <zephyr360@att.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 22:44:57 -0800 (PST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1329029099; bh=JVAXOwded0H8SbyD7m75VK+aZJbxnwbtQJ06x/AhoUE=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=Rq8ALcmegwt18EP4vDJI04UNVVePwW122I08B8wwL0Rsm+GfEeuIAjBZsaY79QdycKbrtxKH8SC5uxq/jeELdJDL2Xn10LJ5I91lt2db/g/zwp4V34qYJykouhFgvV67
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

James:
Look at E-Bay, request CB&Q, click Auction items, and on page 3 or 4 there is a packet of decals for HO passenger cars which includes SILVER SWAN. I checked twice but did not see SILVER PELICAN. It is up for bid for 1 more day, and I think your chance of winning would be good. The maker is SOHO and maybe you could contact them to see if they had a set containing Pelican.
Saw them quite often as I worked for BR in passenger department 1965-1969 summers. Was trainside processing coach passengers' reservations and along side Pullman conductors as they processed sleeper/FC/SC passengers. What a sight to see a stainless steel string of cars such as the DZ and CZ.
I own Silver View [Twin Cities Zephyr dome parlor] and am striving to restore it to operate in charter service. Check out my website www.zephyrroute.com for info.
Send me a pic of your DZ and CZ sometime.
Best regards,
Mike Abernethy
Zephyr Route