[CBQ] Model Custom Detailing Horror Stories Wanted.

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Model Custom Detailing Horror Stories Wanted.
From: "smokyjoe66" <js08ws62@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 17:53:48 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1328723649; bh=gkI/XQbeI4VEJH3oyG539NCSaZikzAVS3/ef8doqFlM=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=fSmjLvDWEDCySQG1xUTvTL5zrC+kSVUTMLwR4Rq2i5R98DR1gKpBcGtj44LRx4xlY2tcanM8dPHWZhqSp0TgPpYeOowSDQmVM3hje0dtQ0T/id3EeJRnntdl4LNMY8Y4
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Last July I posted to this group a request for a reference to someone who could
do high-quality custom detailing on my HO scale Atlas CB & Q "Blackbird" GP7.
It reached the attention of someone two states away who contacted me to tell me
that he did that kind of work and requesting my business. He provided me with
photos of quality work he had done for others. Communications were very cordial
and pleasant. I explained precisely what I wanted done and he gave me an
estimate, to which I agreed. Thereafter, I mailed to him the newly-purchased
model locomotive. In due course, he acknowledged receiving it.

Now, seven months later he has not done the work and he has stopped
communicating with me. I don't suppose incidents like this are unfamiliar to
many of you. So, I would like to hear from others, OFF-LINE, about any similar
experiences they had, and what they did about it. This guy's name and address
will be provided to anyone so contacting me, OFF-LINE.

I need advice, and commiseration to relieve some of my anguish over this.

Sincerely,
John A. Swearingen
Brookfield, Missouri.

Js08ws62@sbcglobal.net