RE: [CBQ] RE: Evaluation and Station Plan documents.

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] RE: Evaluation and Station Plan documents.
From: "Harold Huber" <sarge9@bresnan.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 09:31:51 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1328373516; bh=za8bliK633vIIUCkFPxieTYW86pyoJWZ8wNZO8ZSxaI=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-CNFS-Binding:X-CNFS-Scan:X-CNFS-Analysis:X-CM-Score:X-Scanned-by:X-Received:To:Message-ID:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:Importance:In-Reply-To:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=A7075bZ4LiP9Ff2if1VLYRLvMx6ClcBTBQSJH+sd7CfnxK2Mp8+Xj0zw1LHJeV5z8UZsSCkW09gKD8A3wl6MPlf7Ma6dbtqCg2mAhD1An0g1vnH3y6k/dkEfKf2aTTmj
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Peter,
I have a CB&Q Plan Book that was also held by the Burlington Northern and then thrown away, BN had stamped it saying that they did not guarantee the accuracy.  It has many of the plans and all of the type plans of all the CB&Q.  The only plan that I show for Montana is Harden, but I have friends that worked that route and restored buildings of others that I have seen.  One, an engineer worked the Toluca branch to Cody WY he says that there was a depot at Toluca, Pryor, and Pryor Creek.  Also said that people would wagon across the hill from Billings and catch the Q at Pryor Creek Depot.  That covers that branch.  The Main Line had depots at Lodge Grass (the restored depot at Hardin Museum), Iona, Crow Agency, and very possibly Valentine?  This man was a conductor on the Q and BN until sometime in the last 10 years and lived in Hardin for many years.  That is it for CB&Q depots in Montana.  The depots at Hardin was 1st a depot like the Lodge Grass/Crow Agency Type B Two Story Frame with a one story freight attached, many call these the salt box type, it was rebuilt as a type E One Story Brick and Stucco in 1922.  Until I got this plan book I tried but with dismay to discover the lettering/number system that the Q used for depots, This book lists and has plans for all types.  So, if you want the Hardin (both types), Lodge Grass, or Crow Agency contact me of list I can provide these.  The others I do not know what the others looked like, but if you provide what they looked like I can find the type and provide those plans.  By the way I do not copy this book and send it out willy nilly.  I use it as research and provide plans of a few to people that ask, are courteous and appreciative.  Please contact me off list for requests, I will not answer any that request on list.  This list is not just Lines West, but the entire CB&Q Line.
Harold Huber
Ultimate Research, LLC
Sheridan, WY