Fwd: [CBQ] Re: Fox River Branch Update-Yorkville,IL

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Fwd: [CBQ] Re: Fox River Branch Update-Yorkville,IL
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 16:10:09 -0500 (EST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1327871419; bh=a/4npllGZQJdWgf6tg/5jA6faOT6jnVYC2hDKDVRT5s=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Mailer:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE:X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Reply-To:Content-Type; b=t7kab5wULpcBUI3OXcbzWaFERPODuuocY9lLNi89AtExAaJLapQYCaQnoZSJm+nOmZWqPrJ85K0HA56enpbnHXqS6JK/tFzWFJtQ9gMU21yS/mW5BkbfZazAT9RyGVkz
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Karl,

I have less than perfect pictures of the dowtown Yorkville derailment and the "hook" cleaning up things.There was a derailment on the exact spot last year. Dont forget the So. Ottawa roll over derailment where Conrad literally left his impression in the Condrs desk window(went down on the hook to clean that one up) and Granny's little epsisode near Grand Ridge where a TTX flat acting as a spear into the creek bank kept the waycar on the rails.(Funny how long it took mgmt to decide that case as I was working w/him at Rochelle when the hammer finally came down).

And there was the night where you'res truly was in the midst of the action in the North yd at Ottawa when a 70 ton sand hopper didnt like the switch points on the the long track. We were setting out 63 or 68 cars and they made a real nice pile on the road xing until steady Eddie got them stopped. Seemed like they took a very looooong time to go into emergency. Dallas and I hightailed it for the fence line as soon as the first spark flew. Funny how when you're running and trying to talk on the radio at the same time things get garbled. We rerailed 7 or 8 before anybody even showed up.

Leo