[CBQ] Re: E7 9949

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: E7 9949
From: William Barber <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 09:05:18 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1323875128; bh=yvTjb//KxKh1k8WtBWo6xDh42OzQOJjlEFz7zOO8caU=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:To:References:Message-Id:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=DdqGeWOKIa2zN73Krs/bKqDjNpdAxs4zfx75M090cp2xJNMrUPgRS5D0v5Jwqjh40zkP5PBMcvnVVZePM7V/MbtshreeTBL9Z0gwDrvB8CbdqRbh+hJ8t4+01i4G0SMs
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Duncan,

It may have been assigned Hannibal as "protection" power for the trains that ran through there. It was probably rotated in and out of service as needed. Why that particular unit? It was most likely "luck of the draw". I don't think there was anything special about it that was different than other E7s in the series. it was just another E7. Hannibal had a full shop facility back then and could easily maintain the unit. In addition, between Burlington and St. Louis, Hannibal was roughly half way. If you look at assignment sheets, locomotives both steam and diesel,  were frequently assigned to outlying shops for protection of through trains.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO