[CBQ] Re: Rapido CB&Q silver waycar

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Rapido CB&Q silver waycar
From: "Douglas Harding" <doug.harding@iowacentralrr.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 21:09:21 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1322104163; bh=gJkeHj9nhVMeMkTQD8sEMyGezNZ5TLq3pO57CDbJwTE=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:Content-Language:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=JyqWauLzxX3y9f+OFH9dvdZkrWyfKmgJnfRMWuhJSPoiGjmvoolwo3vPmF8IT+PlIwCAIBF12WZWllPCz99dCwZxUuMSN5mxLzl99WyW54wi3h9hDXUkl4W+K9J9ef6+
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Smoky Joe, Rapido does extensive in-the-field research before issuing a
model. I would have no worry about the waycar not being correct, for the
Canadian prototype it models. http://www.rapidotrains.com/cab1.html

However it may not be the actual car the CB&Q owned. I know some of the
folks involved with Rapido, they do quality work. However like all
manufactures, they must reap the maximum dollar from their molds. Hence many
manufactures will paint "bogus" paint schemes to sell as many models as
possible. Rapido indicates their model is close to many wide vision
cabooses/waycars seen in the United States. It does not say they are exact
models. I suggest you do a Google Image search for CB&Q wide vision waycars.
Then compare the images to the Rapido model. What I saw from do a quick
search, CB&Q waycars have three windows per side, the Rapido model has two
windows per side.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com