[CBQ] Lee IL rail served industries

To: Q <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Lee IL rail served industries
From: Michael Matalis <mmatalis@sprynet.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 10:49:31 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1321721373; bh=0WTnqQU5m3679atsfQO0e/5Ov8XcOCBQGjPDUO/Maio=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-Id:To:X-Mailer:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=twWHMAZ/H7pnjwQa4ymCAb8IxCmK2nYi5AXQ37xenaB50nT+yExECov/Br+OPHg7agP0Y4f92wWD+mLI4+/+BJpWORzKx1qmwIg8zk4XcebEYlrZWe4mXPCAOmaPN4mb
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I spent Thursday photographing around Lee IL on the old Aurora Sub
between Shabbona and Steward.  I noticed a disconnected rail spur on
the east side of the main line north of the County Line Rd grade
crossing, a bit of a surprise since I've visited this area many times
and never noticed it before since it was hidden in the weeds.  I'm
curious if anyone knows what kind of businesses this little spur
served?  Nowadays the area is home to a couple semi-derelict looking
small businesses (including a company that supplied tunneling
equipment, a rather odd business for the middle of the Illinois
prairies) and looks more like a junk yard than anything else.  Any
info will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you kindly,

Michael Matalis
Downers Grove IL

You can see my railroad photography blog at
http://www.chasingheavymetal.com/blog/
You can see my photos and my ugly mug at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/prairierailfan/sets/

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com