Re: [CBQ] NW2s-TR2s

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] NW2s-TR2s
From: Bryan Howell <tubaman21@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 14:50:20 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1320529823; bh=XhOUj+6PTlwW4fzqosT1f9OAo4pN2T4u9tH7sUhMQUU=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=h5mnu2IU/vkdLmsP+Eimi0Ml35jpcqbDeuhyhzTEa9AXRLjNAKgKHrZAPwO2+Lnn6TX17VvWOLxh+W0SpB5qBVbU2V36aGP55dSUH4rz8eL9dhRyz6lfeiFDic6MPRY6
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I looked at RRPA and came up with two photos that appear to show the placement
of the wagon wheel antenna on the NW2s.  It looks like they were installed on
the narrow strip between the vents.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1329500
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1173185

Not all NW2s had radios installed and not all NW2s that had radios had wagon
wheel antennas.  I recently purchased a model of NW2 9211 and from the photo I
have been able to find, it had a can type antenna on the roof of the cab.  Just
a note for modelling purposes.

Bryan J. Howell

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com