[CBQ] Forms Project

To: "CBQ List" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>, "BRHS List" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Forms Project
From: "Rupert & Maureen" <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 08:50:41 +1300
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1319313040; bh=BApPMxKYk2UDNl02L33kvMx6DaVZrnR1NYLe8CGrFCI=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Filtered:X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Result:X-IronPort-AV:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:x-mimeole:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=eeCxqOc/MYq3upjdCNKD3v/lTNQNTArlDi3df5fgoKRDoVZdVKUzG7Y4CQwZEDq/PjIvPVFHeXTE/ZcSnzyjnG9jpMYvtltqzrrNpKb4zoCQFJVSk1pvcrI5ZN1F5vPm
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
As a way of preserving a part of the history of the Burlington, a project has
been conceived to collect copies of the various stationery forms that the CB&Q,
C&S and FW&D issued and used throughout their collective existence.  Scanned
copies of forms will be stored at the BRHS website and will be available for
anyone to access and download. By using our collective strength, we can create
a substantial archive.

Steve Holding has offered his collection of forms to start the project, Dave
Lotz has copies of forms that have appeared in Bulletins, and I have offered to
maintain an on-line index of the forms we collect.

Can you help?  Do you have any forms - used or unused - that you could share
with other Burlington fans? If you can help but don't have access to a scanner,
we'll work with photocopies, digital photos, etc. or organise the copying for
you.

The format for the forms will be tifs.  Scanning a standard page of 8 ½ inches
by 11 inches at 150 dpi will create a full page about 1600 pixels long.  Some
forms will need scanning on both sides, and some are multi-page, and there will
be some that were revised during their history, and these will be identified in
the index.

As an initial step, please contact me at gamlenz@ihug.co.nz with details of any
forms you can share with the group, such as the form number and title, whether
new or used, date if known, color, format and any other details you think may
be useful, and whether you can organise the scanning of them.

Thank you.

Rupert Gamlen
Auckland NZ

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com