RE: [CBQ] Mileposts question from Annual Meet

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Mileposts question from Annual Meet
From: GLEN HAUG <glenehaug@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 10:54:24 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1315763666; bh=EWlUWFXjJh0LLTUsv+ybm2rcU4SgfZgHcGskxfaKqHQ=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=GfnsgT40QHPeRL47CRPnBj/w/bkSfMPIJ1MuxH4BfmLUbBhAM1L5eDvNlKFb9sZHNDtOSHGYg/gxBRyinZzJynL+pX15S+XFBFIxsGSk1Bj5W7y6spHp/qyz6kBrBFoq
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Maps of the area around Union Station don't all agree with each other when
describing distances, but the most accurate ones (in my opinion) show MP 0 to
be almost precisely the north line of West Adams Street at the original 1881
Station.  The beginning of even numbered station tracks 8 thru 26 at the
current (1925) station is actually MP 0.09.  From the beginning of these
tracks, it is 4,032 feet (or 0.76 miles) to the beginning of CB&Q mains 1 and 2
(also MP 0.85) at the old south line of 12th Street (also Roosevelt Road).

I have a lot of MP information for those that are interested.  I have always
thought that it might not be interesting to most, but I have always enjoyed
researching it.

Glen Haug