Re: [CBQ] Re: Food service on 1&10/11&12 late 60's

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Food service on 1&10/11&12 late 60's
From: Stephen Levine <sjl_prodigynet@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 08:08:35 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1312816133; bh=KY8a1D1TjUkwlI/8NwjFeNyeAXX1SqB0XVgzTeo8s5c=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:Message-ID:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=o8Z4tcNTIooYNJEyBD2g8j+Ue6CVkRWQO70mrWB9UxhUl6z4mGC+SzfQQtRnvXNHxXRCORGqZFBHRXnIQ1uC9JnUH3u1nSxXaUVh8OxGR1z8fei0lpjQMOHsOmtvlh/d
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Jerry

By the time the Chuckwagon became a seasonal car line, the president of the Q
was William J. Quinn.  The notorious anti-passenger president Louis Menk had
moved on to the NP.

My understanding was that, by the time they substituted the Snack Coach for the
Chuckwagon, they were down to, if I remember what the lady told me she was
told, when we were riding #`1 on September 7, 1968, the car was down to a
single attendant.  (Why I am kind of skeptical is that it would have taken at
least 2 people to man the car, one in the kitchen and the other as a waiter).
In any case, the snack coach only required a single attendant.