Re: [CBQ] Promotion to Exempt Employee-C J Miller

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Promotion to Exempt Employee-C J Miller
From: STEVEN HOLDING <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 20:37:46 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1309491468; bh=6aNa6mWspk+59jdA/0lck+o0SKDKPetZYgfRGdei/O8=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=pu8JLe/LiaxeJYoh1B7RhBdEsNzyR5+meTmbMCn+ykpwRsBz4NveUUcpeRCmMOGdLPBKln9Djy8d7Oy4I1JDCG73MmnXWnePjMBKp16FBPsPMJRPf/2RcDs4RszF1/wo
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
In the "Modern Age" if you took the promotion as a Train Dispatcher you still
had to pay dues to the union or your date got stuck on your promotion date and
you did not build up seniority.
I would move over on an Asst. Chief job to get off the East End.  Paid $10
dollars a day more and you only worked 8 hours.
When we moved to Ft. Worth I was working an Adm Chief job at $10 dollars more a
day and 5 days a week.  The job was abolished to save money so I went back to
the Main Line.  On getting to Ft. Worth the Company decided they needed the job
to get the work done and forced me to it at the basic day and the chief would
sit on my desk trying to get me to do the job his way while I did the work the
way it should be done.  When they put the job back on permanent the chief could
not figure out why I would take this nice 12 hour a day job and take the pay
cut
the 12 hours resulted in.
Steve in SC