Re: [CBQ] Picking Up Water on the Fly?

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Picking Up Water on the Fly?
From: "cvlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 10:56:38 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1309363017; bh=IrqW5rG/U9RueLsHPV9hXMnHDql+NmswLgW4ylIxrSQ=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=jyIncNZLafWlq6ziUpju6vThkZt00Id77RXwx+tIIE5aXXAeC5v7VmFTZyC7DtnLnGuh7wn9eO0ik/uZORupk52jP6IblDB/E3kgWEPqdrcu6F8l3/YfTJ2iiT33ioj3
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Rory-

I believe it is.   All my research material is packed right at the moment but I
seem to remember that the Class N or earyly Class P locomotives had water
scoops on them.
Maybe Rupert or somebody else has come across some documentation on this???

Charlie Vlk

  Group:

  Just got back from RR Days in Galesburg. Was manning the 3006 as a member of
the Galesburg RR Museum answering questions the public asked about the
locomotive. Anyway, an ex Q employee said that the Q had a few locomotives that
had tenders that could pickup water on the fly. I said "I think you're thinking
the NYC". He said no, there was a water pit at Buda, IL. I know there was a
water tower West of Buda, right at the CNW overpass, but thought he was
mistaken. I've revisted my Corbin Steam Loco's of the Burlington but see
nothing about it. The more I write this the more rediculous this sounds, and I
feel like an idiot for even asking - but, could this be true? :-)

  Thanks Group.

  Rory Murchison

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com