[CBQ] Terry Ranch walk time again !!

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com, colorado-railfan@yahoogroups.com, union_pacific@yahoogroups.com, bnsf@yahoogroups.com, earlyrail@yahoogroups.com, Doug Schmidt <crrjournal@hotmail.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Terry Ranch walk time again !!
From: MICHAEL PANNELL <michael.pannell@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 15:32:10 +0100 (BST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1302186733; bh=zI6jTCthp6/vD1JyjJiCmt5buvu1M+LS66puFiIDiUc=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=nylkZ4i1QikD9meVHNl6F8Ublac142UcaO88lWhKvwFYOW1tnqfi4d/+kY0q1Uaqh4xePLTwHM5ljowTlgfwVFfqt6o65/zKtWqJGMpn16XW+xVj8GhqVijKQ0BsDocC
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi to all

Well as we get excited about the weather changing for the better its time to
start thinking about walking the Denver Pacific at Terry Ranch again.
Last years walk was a blast and the spectacular grade up to Athol summit with
all the relics left behind after abandonment in 1908 is wonderful.
We hope to have much more information on hand about Athol itself, the
wye,section house remains and other foundations as yet unidentified. We do have
pictures now of the couple who moved there in 1896-1899 from Sweden and are in
contact with the family! All this adds fascinating insight into the early
railroads of the west. We also hope to have the pictures of the houses that
used
to be on the 1908 UP line on the ranch too.
We hope to walk this on a saturday or sunday afternoon in June so please let me
know if you would be interested, we may be able to couple it with a meal at the
Ranch afterwards.   Spaces will be limited to about 30 so let me know asap.

Many thanks

Mike Pannell
Car 57 and all that

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com