RE: [CBQ] Re: Brine Tank Question

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re: Brine Tank Question
From: Gerald Edgar <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 16:03:38 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1301778392; bh=gH9EyRPPIasUsfGTBhklbjsId0fmE1WKtHhFl9fN1x4=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=IPE9JGrStNgizv79x2jUF27MPR+2vz+dFfBSf1+Ti6Qs5xCqSvqYtuGpC1q64L3dgz15kEHWcHxXybK7HZ7IZezWtlaa5pDTDMfttatEPfY2z1o1fFcbpR1fMBFJnKH4
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Brine (salt water) will freeze at a lower temp than plain water thus the 'cold'
water is colder than 32F and when either piped or exposed to a fan, it's colder
than normal water would be in liquid state.  Ice in a brine tank also melts
more slowly.  (today we use chemicals to lower freezing points such as glycol
for radiators)Brine tanks common in ice reefers - one Q hwt passenger car still
was using ice for A/C @ BN time; this was covered in an original CB&Q H.S.
publication.  Am on the road so cannot reference at this time.

Gerald