Re: [CBQ] Peoria Interchange Question

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Peoria Interchange Question
From: ralph linroth <wcman8@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 19:16:41 -0800 (PST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1298949402; bh=zyIHadkhULN+WMK5Afmqv1HBJa4+56ZicuG6R/UN4Qg=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=JZDaATt5EAFH49Qc6KlbcRwO2FrS3qTnrT/54K6zJ7RFSfUcRuCDIFxRvpXW7jtjulbdiyEUQkF2pHoUYEtvpFPq9bMsvzUj382ga41KBnTfjrQtnKW0/ArHbzZiusgh
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hello Bob  I worked Peoria Yard for about 1 year in the early 1980's and I was
the Union Local Chairman for Peoria Yard from 1979-1989.   The BN crews (and Q
crews before them) had agreements with the TP&W. P&PU and Rock Island that each
road would deliver their own cars to the other road.  The designated set out
for
the TP&W was at their yard in East Peoria.  We would take the P&PU cars with us
and set them out on the wye yard on the North side of the River bridge they
called it the "90" yard.  We then went across the river and delivered to the
TP&W at their yard at East Peoria.

I remember the TP&W Yard because you had to line the switch back for the Main
after pulling your cut in but when you threw the switch it put a derail back on
about 5 car lengths further in on the track.  Many a new Peoria switchman had a
car on the ground when they were not paying attention on where the derail was.
 I hope this helps

R. W. "Bud" Linroth