[CBQ] Burlington Truck Line and MOW Vehicle information request

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Burlington Truck Line and MOW Vehicle information request
From: "JAMES GOODIN" <horse12761@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 16:54:08 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1297464854; bh=CEO0dsM09hK7okjU0+euxSbA0DtyQi0UpR/Pr1Sel7E=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Originating-Email:Message-ID:To:References:In-Reply-To:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:Seal-Send-Time:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=HHxM6QfmaoNTJg03xda7cjoSNlGWeud70aThgp6H/mpBzBi+iEEZlPXnRsbDcoyH13CJByAmtjq7eu8BmTKcF66iAq6QerL2M37HQ7OLotQCk2zq3CIIiylMyhjjr6r4
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hello everyone,

After some recent messages about CB&Q vehicles on the list, I started to do
some further research of the Burlington Truck Lines and CB&Q MOW vehicles.  I
enjoy modeling vehicles almost as much as rail equipment.

Although I've had an interest in the BTL for many years, the message that
started this recent curiosity was a question about a dump truck in the
background of a photo.  After looking over the photo, I was able to find a make
and model years for that cab.  There was even an HO model available for the
truck.  This has lead to my research of other HO scale vehicle models that
would be used by the CB&Q/BTL during the various era's.

I have a reproduction of a 1959 BTL Dispatch employee magazine that I bought at
a "Q" meet many years ago.  It features semi tractors and trailers of that
year.  I submitted one of the semi tractor photos to Athearn for their Mack B
model CB&Q semi tractor project.

I've also found MOW vehicles in the background of photos in my "Q" book
collection.  It's amazing what can be parked next to a depot or ROW.

I am looking for original or reproduction copies of the BTL Dispatch employee
magazine, pictures or slides of semi tractors, pictures or slides of BTL
terminals and pictures or slides of CB&Q MOW vehicles.

I'm also interested in how the rail and truck lines interacted with LTL freight
and piggyback service.  Any documentation on this would also be helpful.

If you can help, please contact me off list at
horse12761@msn.com<mailto:horse12761@msn.com>

Thank you,

Jim Goodin
Blue Grass, IA