[CBQ] Re: Montgomery IL Industry?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Montgomery IL Industry?
From: "o_rrman" <mofferman@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 02:13:53 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1297217636; bh=JmknD8u32FcwGV+QItQ1iNewub9eewsiRFJctXlbB3k=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=Iv4rgwE7ACizt0CXWNdGPhgSZNRYar1Lq/+bdEETGKSAKXB234jQiCZV3M1oXphLaeol9zH8hFNtFfKD/4qMec8Lwlkk+Faypch6nT3F2nmw08LxNrNt2znEr47CUTh8
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
From what I understand it did not last very long but the name persisted since
some other posts have referred to the 'stoveworks lead or stoveworks pot' when
writing about tracks and signals in that area.  Some others will have more
accurate info but it may have later been the site of 'aurora refining'? if that
were still foundry/steel related I would imagine open gondolas would have been
most used.  Maybe boxcars for finshed/refined product?

Still learning but trying to carry on the history,
Mike Offerman

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com