[CBQ] ReMystery "30's photo of Q locomotives

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] ReMystery "30's photo of Q locomotives
From: William Barber <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 08:18:13 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1297174712; bh=mqlhtTvj69wG2lZHslYWXBfD1uRRwKnHXMlXAOGLETY=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:References:Message-Id:To:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=qLY0n9J6yGYG9zfFTGa6kp7bl7W1FgriWgerZiP0B9N6/uZE4VbLK4DfyeZr2DoW2sTLR7AqaNoo3/Sg4yrdrF7rRPA9SrBCdY6xCLDSdJycTyZfYOeXIAKFdwSoq/Fh
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Gerald,

Since it is a large framed photo, you probably can't scan it, but
could you photograph it with a digital camera and post the image in
the photo section? Some possible reasons for the old locomotive with
the new locomotive could be a retirement of a RR employee that might
has started in the late 1800s and was just retiring in the early
1930s, it may have been a town anniversary or an anniversary of the
facility. It could also be the inauguration of a new train service or
an anniversary for a specific train service. (Didn't the Q inaugurate
new trains shortly after the hudsons and northerns were delivered in
1930?).

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com