[CBQ] Re: Livestock Pens at Oregon, IL

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Livestock Pens at Oregon, IL
From: Q5632west@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 00:07:58 -0500 (EST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1292735301; bh=tstqbVuyTyuffQhzmSXiJeSCAUO8D+HrJK2IynNh1eM=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:X-MB-Message-Source:X-AOL-IP:X-MB-Message-Type:X-Mailer:X-Received:Message-Id:x-aol-global-disposition:X-AOL-SCOLL-SCORE:X-AOL-SCOLL-URL_COUNT:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=Rmnjo9IXOwkmoVQy6PGkrC92fcGEc3N2Z6wzoEqlpQrCWFogKiy1OKy/qrAocS3wJu4MVbI1lmNAkMsPN5KUbDyLOgDIh3ujZNUNcMU/xUoNdVc9KTAM0VVce69BB/rM
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi all:

Two weeks ago I posted a note among a group of non-railfan current and
ex-Oregon residents soliciting information and recollections about the
livestock pens at Oregon.  Got zero response.

My recollections of Oregon and the Burlington date to about 1956, and I
have no memory of ever seeing the pens used or livestock cars parked in
the yard.  That, of course, does not mean the pens were out of service
by that time.

I have added a photo that includes the pens to my Oregon album in our
Yahoo CBQ group.  It's not much of a photo being cropped from the
middle of a battered Brownie negative, but it does show the pens, a
building just beyond that I associate with the pens, and the tail of a
departing Zephyr.

Bill

Bill Diven
Placitas, N.M.