Re: [CBQ] Re: Westmont IL question

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Westmont IL question
From: Michael Matalis <mmatalis@sprynet.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 12:40:22 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1290969631; bh=uDQVoK2lgbx0DWYB7s3OJxpmRwSmykrEwR93/rCzMts=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-Id:To:In-Reply-To:X-Priority:References:X-Mailer:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=J9E+4JjXkU7bFlZn/fNr+kqU3cchObwrAeu04hXQfTyIhR6tB/A1TGpidF9B1hz2g36MoqwA5nno7sXAZnUL7C6iai/VTAMh+WIsfWYvt4HtwwvjNnCDGki/4UuO5q88
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
As far as I know there are no locations along the triple track that
had stations on both sides of the tracks. As for the baggage cart,
there is a pedestrian crossing close by that could have been used to
cross the tracks, so it's not landlocked to the north side.  My first
thought when seeing this picture was that the building was for
express, but other than a hunch I have nothing to back up my opinion.
Which brings up an interesting secondary question, just how was
express handled at various towns along the triple track out to Aurora
IL?  Being a Downers Grovian I'm especially interested in how it was
handled in my home town.

Thank you kindly,

Mike Matalis
Downers Grove IL
mmatalis@sprynet.com

You can see my railroad photography blog at
http://www.chasingheavymetal.com/blog/
You can see my photos and my ugly mug at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/prairierailfan/sets/

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com