[CBQ] New Member Post - Ted A.

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] New Member Post - Ted A.
From: "tedander2000" <tedander@core.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 13:16:35 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1287513341; bh=fRY2rgKzKlSamgWhx8xtu+KNSn7ip+cNqm8SskcyYcU=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:Received:Received:Received:DKIM-Signature:Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-eGroups-Approved-By:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=FRfK4gaWeHjx3agsd2lm5TqdenT78cMXxZvXRbB1txeGsQpXq5ZOmaRFDIfhgJekwCpHG++/7Pi1SF6c2C3m+eY/I2jn9LPHXvUk9os2N+cWZr6ZNaED7foko28biktx
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1287513332; bh=dWZePXL6iaUaDepHwMTiEYZaY+I0fvPRNLcdFHQ0pkQ=; h=Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Date:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:Subject:X-Yahoo-Group-Post:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-YGroups-SubInfo:Sender:X-eGroups-Approved-By:X-eGroups-Auth; b=XctzrBO+oON3zHcQuu2zoIqfeLE1pG+50TbugcRCQoqUTqeEAY0KfrHAe0VS/ehq4MqNHOeeERjtWJAY9+Mhxs3kGNyLWmaNzsxfQ0recQIIMgKrPtLKNtQD37O06u5v
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
This is to introduce myself to the CBQ Group since a) I live whistle
distance from the BNSF 3-track main line out of Chicago, b) as volunteer
in the IRM Pullman Library I see familiar names here including Charlie
Vlk and co-volunteer Bob Webber, and c) there is a fiscal reason - at
the Pullman Library we need the support of CB&Q fans to get Havelock
baggage car 993 restoration completed to house Pullman Library documents
including of course the freight car correspondence files that will
include CB&Q freight. Like Phil's current request to get the Olympus
baggage car to IRM, we understand and are ahead of that game having used
funds from Pullman Library fees and to a lesser extent donations to get
993 onto IRM property last October. The push now is to complete
restoration of the car with all volunteer effort by Wednesday Special
Projects Group. They have brought it from last year's rusting leaky hulk
to a leaktight car with  large rust areas in all doors, body and roof
cut out, welded and patched. Most of the car has a first coat of silver
aluminum paint on most of the body with black painted trucks as shown in
1960's livery, a second coat to be applied in the spring then lettered.
We are currently $1000 in the hole which has to be fixed promptly as the
IRM Board wants no negative balances on car restoration. Help! Donations
should be clearly earmarked to the Donor Restricted Fund for CB&Q
Havelock Baggage Car 993. I am looking forward to the activities in this
group; certainly in my volunteer  work I see archival CB&Q information
almost weekly as we process numerous requests for information. Looking
forward to reading the posts as a new group member; Ted Anderson,
curator of the IRM Pullman Library

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com