[CBQ] Re: West Eola Tower

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: West Eola Tower
From: "zephyr98072" <glenehaug@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 19:49:16 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1283024958; bh=6Bx17FKCR1HBkZ8eFSzL5EDgWOdLs/6g8Ix2BQftshI=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=r6Vm72RBMcMgTlpjz5jVmhp9LpgxM3AiMoqgYzc9qq7URnh62O3LXOUFkGpINRRxZagnb06rdU7B1MmWdBpo8685J33u+v90xnrPyA68OLtMXmu/hX9EsjsAuz67LV6p
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
This is a response to a rather old post (2003) from Russell Strodtz, confirming
that he was correct concerning the relocation of West Eola.

I recently found information in the 1923 volume of the Railway Signal Engineer
indicating that the West Eola plant was moved 800 feet west in 1922, and 14
levers were added for a total of 53 mechanical levers, and detector locking was
installed.

A move of 800 feet would mean that the original tower was just to the east side
of the McClure crossing.  The periodical does not give a reason for the move,
but the additional levers indicates to me that there was an expansion of the
plant or relocation of the yard leads to the west.  The original tower location
would most likely have interfered with a yard expansion and relocation of the
west lead to its current location.

Glen Haug

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com