Re: [CBQ] Burlington park 100 years ago

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Burlington park 100 years ago
From: Bill Hirt <whirt@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 12:20:13 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1282929617; bh=EwxQN99onO/uj170be2JPnCF6wP1CONsSpJisL4k3rw=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:Message-ID:User-Agent:To:References:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=W4c1na+IJGGj/tmCA/jQybAA3LRRsiNFCX8x5OMp+CbceTsE76Z+8BBRw0FPk8kGU2zHLHlwWnwxvcWrzmabXn4/UPqEGij2vXnSLJ/F7lgfXUGJ+rvynOTedeAd1iFi
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
  Growing up in Naperville, it was always talked about a spur coming
down to the quarries just north of Aurora Avenue along the DuPage River.
Centennial Beach was the town swimming pool in one of the former
quarries when I was growing up. My mother never cared for my brother and
sisters going there because of it's proximity to the river and she felt
it wasn't very clean.

Looking at the Sanborn maps corrected to 1943, they show the spur coming
off just east of Mill Street and heading south along Ewing Street. It
then turned east on Jackson Street and ended between Webster and Main
Street.

Bill Hirt

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com