[CBQ] Re: CBQ SD45's in the BN era

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: CBQ SD45's in the BN era
From: William Barber <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 08:55:59 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1275227776; bh=bMrbto02n7vIGyqxsBalgoAZmsdJGUXvojZSTbKng/s=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:References:Message-Id:To:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=q1k5ghiKyvpuQOlJZvycDFL8kznol21YzuCxUYstMcLa54SwiQsrOpzMHHyM4lBBnn9q0MtjRX79/sCnQOLy1BKIAxLnukeo5DoNpa/Zz7N1yGPtCFlZIvDN8vKHm6Wl
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Brian,

As shown in the photo, it definitely has it's original clasp brake
cast iron shoe trucks with six brake cylinders. Whether it was
converted (probably trucks swapped at W. Burlington), before being
sold, only later photos could confirm. I doubt the shop would have
converted the trucks to single shoe brakes. Too much expense for very
little or no benefit depending on who you talk to. BN had many
locomotives with either cast iron or composition shoes, so
commonality of parts wasn't an issue.

Bill Barber

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com