RE: [CBQ] CB&Q Car Body Color

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] CB&Q Car Body Color
From: "Nelson Moyer" <ku0a@mchsi.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 12:20:39 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1273857647; bh=XHU9lBEjyFvKu5ngcgynwYhqrJIpT6ZVu6vSj0VkhVY=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Authority-Analysis:To:Message-ID:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:In-Reply-To:Importance:Thread-Index:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=Wpf1L1u+cGo3o6rVintY3zkAa/LSRPIeF6Tx0grVKQJgS5RE8PKGZtma+QsrmAuWB2gx9QHkj9rK2fVt94Gxx10RcpLzXWP6NK9JyCD81SCvqFptNFlt0VacNkqxuag7
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Charlie,

Thanks for the RGB numbers for Bill's waycar. Could you do the same for the
mineral red waycars, and the standard color scheme for Q structures? I'm not
satisfied with ModelFlex Maroon Tuscan Oxide Red and European Dark Green as
accurate color substitutes for Indian red and bronze green. The ModelFlex
paints dry to a semi-gloss that is most unnatural on model railroads,
especially when simulating aged and fading depot paint schemes. I've tried
to tone it down with Dullcote, with marginal success.

I don't have the knowledge to determine the RBG numbers myself, but I can
make color swatches using RGB numbers you supply and perhaps come up with a
good paint mix if commercial color matches are unavailable.

Nelson Moyer