[CBQ] Re: SD's and GP's in passenger service?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: SD's and GP's in passenger service?
From: William Barber <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 10:22:13 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1272640998; bh=fyOTmJe/39L/qfRNvP46ACyuo59eKF7vXradhTyaSyc=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:References:Message-Id:To:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=foty+hB1EvDQvLpIH2otWoquFyNarzYNbvvucerzjoJ7R0xXRfIg/GoxBWx1Uw9ad8beoF4gDv7XNEsXI/rEF2fwvHSwJ15fbf5fw0rlR7eyoFIzsOu1LqmrQ/3IVNPI
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I have at least one photo of a GP7 pulling the Galesburg Local as it
passed through Downers Grove westbound. The Gp and Sd units with
steam generators are fairly easily identified. On the units with
steam generators which were located in the short hood. The exhaust
stack and other associated fittings were visible on the roof of the
short hood. On the units without steam generators, the the roof or
top of the short hood was simply a flat panel bolted in place. In
addition. both SD and GP units had split tanks between the trucks;
one carrying fuel and the other carrying water. These units also had
two different filler fittings along the running board skirt, one for
fuel and the other for water.

When the steam generators were removed, some units had the water
tanks removed while other, I believe, had the two tanks piped
together to increase fuel capacity.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com