RE: [CBQ] Naperville Track Layout - Kroehler Furniture

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Naperville Track Layout - Kroehler Furniture
From: Gerald & Virginia Edgar <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 08:56:34 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1271685479; bh=YnrmoOhGoPSntQZVBjf78ZfDuez+/sNgnzONl3qOIcA=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:Importance:In-Reply-To:References:X-OriginalArrivalTime:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=mm6bhZUAUBrUxTnF2tT+NUGbgEUMoS9qh9JE+AbtFbEqqaGphLE1nGzEBQ1in1LWTGBBmIhsygO05mfKzoH23uefavCkj/0nwiEvoaIA6crFp7ztqORTwnNHRbMLbq89
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I have a vintage photo postcard from the 1920's or earlier taken from the south
side of the main bldg.  Shows a long siding (with CB&Q boxcars).  As for what
was within the complex, as memory serves when visiting the former plant in 1978
or so, there was also a spur into the plant.  Obviously a lot of wood &
upholstery mat'ls went in and finished furniture out.  I also have a 1920's
Kroehler hardbound catalog (salesman book) that has an artist's depiction of an
'aerial' view of the complex.  Will look it over tonight & see if I can
verbalize what the sidings looked like (do not have a scanner)  However I can
also bring the 'catalog' to the Geneva meet this Sept for anyone to peruse.

Gerald A. & Virginia J.  Edgar

230 W. 5th St.
Garner, IA 50438-1404

(641) 923-2573  evenings & w/e's