[CBQ] a bit of news from IRM about a new item

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] a bit of news from IRM about a new item
From: Phil <pstepek@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 17:25:15 -0800 (PST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1266283517; bh=cc6PNNOU9tjdKz7OtLJtixKGaGF2iAH2x2d6pJ10kqY=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=hDY+Ix7P7QD1EF+p6KDxeEWXDu7GonI41WSPbEKygzbuixfnzOE5p6GJel095yveEqBL13vJ5T8TZQQThHZSnCoks4Pq6jTJcb7NbpwprjgyfLA7u/Wt3byOez1Ozy8d
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi folks
the passenger dept at IRM has been given the opportuity to acquire the 1948
Budd built baggage car Olympus

Originally built for the TCZ god and goddess trains, Argo and Olympus were a
pair
in 1956, when the TCZ setw were reassigned Olympus was reassigned to the new
1956 DZ set.

As many of you already know, IRM currently has the 1956 DZ Silver Ridge on
display and open to public view

The total cost to acquire and transport the car to the museum is expected to be
about $8000. and therefore we are asking for interested parties to make
donations to help defray the cost.
The museum already has opened an account for the car, and donations made to
Olympus are required to be earmarked for that specific purpose.

Currently there is no listing on the IRM website, but if folks make donation to
the passenger car dept, and notifiy me in writing that it is intended for
Olympus, I will be happy to verify that information at the museum and advise
you directly

This is not a huge expense, but under the circumstances, we are not in position
to cover it ourselves. We have just completed a new barn and most of the
department funds have been spent to get nine more pipeces of passenger
equipment under cover.

Thanks for any support possible!

See you all this summer

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com