[CBQ] Renascence poster

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Renascence poster
From: Randy Gordon-Gilmore <zephyr9900@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:31:27 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1259008294; bh=T31/h0+DYvUNi1uydhfyNqytSwZJoqXrQckRWVdgOcE=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-Id:X-Sender:X-Mailer:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=EqGZeP+OoZ5KWsWTllAkqnPoERIcJ0TB6YECArQ1tR9az4d5YKPNDxpJGNLTZW+EPlQBuN7hrjY7tQUBEg3CDouiL9WD8ksAGHkzgE03Lysskmci8CRjlZqY6W8olwp7
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi all,

I still have a small supply of my Renascence poster, which would make a
great Christmas gift (to give or receive!)

Renascence is, of course, the wonderful watercolor painting of the Pioneer
Zephyr which adorned the 1935 Burlington Route annual calendar.  I scanned
an original calendar top (which I purchased from Gerald Edgar) at 600dpi on
a good commercial-grade 24-bit scanner, and did extensive digital
restoration to remove tears, creases and scuffs.  The resultant image is
over 547 MB.

The poster is printed in UV-resistant ink on 100-lb acid-free matte poster
paper by a commercial printer.  The image is full-size relative to the 1935
calendar top, i.e. 23 x 22 inches.  It has a 2-inch white border all around
to allow for matting, so the paper is 27 x 26 inches.

There is one visual difference to the original.  The 1935 calendar was
printed by Brown & Bigelow (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_&_Bigelow for some information on the
company.)  On the original calendar top at the lower left corner are the
words "Talio-Crome Trade-Mark / Reproduction Brown & Bigelow".  To avoid
any misidentification I have replaced that wording with "Reprint 2008
American Lithographers".

See http://www.prototrains.com/renascence/renascence.html for more details.

The cost is $40 including shipping within the USA.  Overseas customers
please contact me for actual postage.  Thank you!

Best regards,

Randy

--
Randy Gordon-Gilmore