Re: [CBQ] To Mike Pannell

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] To Mike Pannell
From: MICHAEL PANNELL <michael.pannell@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 18:17:36 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1257038264; bh=HJPFEt5DWfdSGtqFtZOYW+dHLjKSUF/044ewL5venO8=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=jetXl56ewXIPzI8xueq8kQgbpISCL7tHGBFkF6IR38t2Ut8zOkVmZdG68TT3pEtQR3CqyyjK66gg9LEGTrrVcqFfb0RnvS1QfsW2qHS4ejpzFPI5LcrUGTHuDK/lkhQj
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi Andrew,

Its only now a mystery as far as a builder, we know its the 'Omaha' built in
1866 for the Wagner Palace car co, its plan 3003 in Pullmans records a 10
section drawing and sleeping car. gutted by 1900 and sold to Hicks who rebuilt
it for C&S entering service for them as car 85 and then renumbered 521 in 1906.
We are still of the opinion (unless otherwise stated) that she maybe the oldest
sleeping car in the USA.  We hope to obtain her in due course if finances
improve drastically and we can obtain a building for her and our 57.
Both cars were on the ground as crew facilitis by the C&S roundhouse in the
period 1947 to 1954, so the fact they both survived is truly remakable.
I will look up the museum you mentioned too.

Cheers

Mike