[CBQ] C&S 521 mystery solved (ish)

To: earlyrail@yahoogroups.com, pullmancompanyresearchers@yahoogroups.com, dsp-p@yahoogroups.com, cbq@yahoogroups.com, colorado-railfan@yahoogroups.com, union_pacific@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] C&S 521 mystery solved (ish)
From: MICHAEL PANNELL <michael.pannell@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 22:36:45 +0000 (GMT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1252018264; bh=NrFpeXfz8qlWrUMjgMuQppviED0cVw3A7cuJ5ny8CH4=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=t9WhpAEB/OaYrKw1C8Ays/Jh1HjhbZQWQ+4nfgOncuHeFWswNlojqoRqu6yaykA4h+DNaasQ4aA0DF9jNS3KBfHeyT0ToDMqtavnX19m1UMQUqi9HtQECNxuM/F6PmTO
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi to all

Well after exhaustive research and many hours of questions and answers we think
that we have solved the mystery of Cheyenne's next historic railroad car.
Were 99% certain that we have OMAHA a 1866 built Wagner Palace 10 section
sleeping and drawing room car floorplan 3003 !  To say we are astonished is a
grand understatement. We have physically and studiously searched to cross
examine the evidence the floorplan and the written records to come to this
conclusion. We still do not know who built her for Wagner and more resaerch
will be needed.
However the ultimate aim is that she is so important and unique that she MUST
be saved and restored. The fact that our car 513 and this one 521 could have
run together for over twenty years is wonderful, But then to find that both of
them ended  up sideby side  next to the C&S roundhouse in Cheyenne between 1947
and 1954 when they both disappeared (521 completely) is astonishing, and that
they then both survived another 50 years, what are the odds of that?

We will keep you informed of progress on the new find and the plans for a home
for them both.

Mike Pannell
Car 57 project
Cheyenne