Re: CBQ 9769 [was] Re: [CBQ] Southern Industrial RR

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: CBQ 9769 [was] Re: [CBQ] Southern Industrial RR
From: Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 22:44:13 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1251600283; bh=sRH49dvZjfLW4OlJ1wncES9xbuIlTM/MbKBvJSfg6p4=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:To:X-AOL-IP:In-Reply-To:X-MB-Message-Source:X-MB-Message-Type:X-Mailer:X-Received:Message-Id:X-Spam-Flag:X-AOL-SENDER:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=c4+NQS4KT6mSpHRTFyhW6OyDl7c8fgaBorjBBZJn1k67mG4VF/lrENHu0KCqhyzQAaFEFbSckvnLH/nrqYaxy6q1zd3i/yLXhf2j/rylkgSyvlMjOxMNqXQiV2Q0cH7b
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Rupert et al

Just as a matter of totally worthless informtion of no help to any possible
material on the 9769 as of today.

Summer 1956 I worked the Hastings (NE)--Huntley local for two weeks...Our power
was the 9769.? The "limits" for this car were 6 cars or 238 tons.? Often we had
much more than that..inquiry to the DS as to "what do you want us to do" always
brought the same response....Well..."take what you can".?

I well remember one hot afternoon on the west end of the siding at Sutton lying
on my back under the front truck of the car pouring water handed to me by the
engineer in a glass jar on an overheated traction motor.

I think that the 9769 ended its days in active service on the Q shortly
thereafter on the "deadline" near the Lincoln roundhouse...Apparently it was
"resusicated" and subsequently sold to the Southern Iowa and was there until
IIRC about 1967.

If you are looking for photos there is a website of Q diesels and motorcars
which includes a couple of pretty fair shots of the '69....If it will help I'll
look up the web address and let you know.

Pete H.