[CBQ] Another mystery railroad car discovery

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com, colorado-railfan@yahoogroups.com, dsp-p@yahoogroups.com, thedenverroad@yahoogroups.com, union_pacific@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Another mystery railroad car discovery
From: MICHAEL PANNELL <michael.pannell@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 19:25:17 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1250043984; bh=s8Yg4wlFCwcUE2GS1+QUhVm1hOic8sM/0SnWGV1rbbA=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:X-Received:X-Mailer:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=kb+h3QT4EBmwtzg6OFJYaGwmoWbsT4NsYVnhkGyUaoItyKW+zFDRFw3W6dfd3/B0uXNmmDqX6QPf75nOQaylb6Td7eKk56Z8q2rC4cjAaoUCHEQpTmq3XlBoNQmVGJFQ
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Just as we have another full page article printed by our friendly Wyoming
Tribune newspaper, another railroad car comes to light in Cheyenne.  driven
past the house many times, but not sen the 60ft wooden passenger car enclosed
in the back yard !  We have yet to discover its history however the signs lead
me to believe that its a C&S car, we are going to uncover the number tomorrow.
It has arched end door posts and no end opening ventilators which lead me to
think that its earlier than our 1887 car, it appaers to have painted tin lower
deck ceilings which is curious as well. The very friendly owners have already
donated some parts that we are missing on ours so we are benefitting from this
find as well.
News on our car is that we are still $1500 short of our wood target but we have
ordered the material anyway. We have also finally fitted the 'new' door to the
west end of the car rescued and restored from C&S 525 (although its not
original to this car either !) so she looks much more railroad-ish now.
Hope some of you can make it to see us on Saturday once again the address is
3633 Christensen rd Cheyenne 82009

Mike Pannell
307-221-2371