[CBQ] Re: Current Engine painted in old "Way of the Zephyrs" paint schem

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Current Engine painted in old "Way of the Zephyrs" paint scheme
From: William Barber <clipperw@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 12:22:33 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1246987421; bh=bLQQWxM+tAsBfmlNcv6Xqg/G/dGaQrd+xh9xESicync=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:References:Message-Id:To:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=s/FT+AubyjZ+Ef3+THfOhMddGtamg9uHDVbEeRDY7sD04XJSRzuDVS6EAlwvXjD5uhZXdhqkh19YiJoJfseAp1lXOAm2RpgRAA0P+dmaIEceYQ94z87zGJuT3k4gUovD
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Jim,

Are you talking about Central Illinois Railroad SW9 #1206. It was
recently painted in the CB&Q blackbird paint scheme (except for
lettering) by RR employees. Here is a link to a photo of it: http://
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMD_SW9.

  It also recently appeared in a Trains Magazine photo. Search
"Central Illinois Railroad" for a complete description of the line
which operates some leased BNSF trackage that was once owned by the
Q. The locomotive itself, was originally Belt Railway of Chicago.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO